Kenmore coldspot #70872990

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickWG

Reaction score
I have to move my co2 cylinders out of the fridge to make room for another keg. I currently have three kegs in there and a hefe on deck for a fourth. Two co2 cylinders in there as well. I want to mount the cylinders on the outside of the fridge and I need to pop some holes in the sides. I can't find a service manual, found owners manual, to tell me where the cooling coils are. Owners manual said that the cooling comes from the top freezer as it circulates air down from the bottom of it. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

correct. The freezer is on the top. On reading the manual more closely it says that the condenser coils are either on the back or under the bottom. I'll go look in a minute. It also says that the fridge is cooled by air from the freezer flowing down through openings in the bottom of the freezer. If this is the case then the only thing that gets cooled actively from coolant is the freezer correct?

There are no lines in the side of that model. Everything is either in the back or under the refrigerator. If you remove the diverter fin from the cowling in the freezer you will be able to more efficiently cool the refrigerator. It is on the backside of the knob that says "cold-colder".

There are no lines in the side of that model. Everything is either in the back or under the refrigerator. If you remove the diverter fin from the cowling in the freezer you will be able to more efficiently cool the refrigerator. It is on the backside of the knob that says "cold-colder".

Thanks PurpleJeepXJ! I appreciate the help. How did you find this out? Are you a Refrigeration guy? Thanks for the info on the diverter fin as well. It took a long time to cool down and when I found that it got its cooling from the freezer I was wondering how to make it more efficient.

I assume you have a jeep, correct? Know anything about renting a jeep in Kauai? My wife wants one for our anniversary in August.

I am a facilities maintenance supervisor for an apartment management company... so yes I know refrigerators. I do know a lot about jeeps but not much about renting them, sorry in that aspect. If you have anymore refrigeration questions feel free to ask.

I am a facilities maintenance supervisor for an apartment management company... so yes I know refrigerators. I do know a lot about jeeps but not much about renting them, sorry in that aspect. If you have anymore refrigeration questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the info on the fridge it really put my mind at ease about this project.
I ordered my high pressure line for the connection from my cylinder to the manifold. Soon as I get that done I'm starting the hefe.
Thanks again.

Back