Keggle questions for selling.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlazaroff

Reaction score
I have a Keggle that I am interested in selling, but had a few questions first. The keggle itself is in good condition, I just want to "upgrade" to something smaller because I don't do large batches. I payed $275+ shipping a year and a half ago.

Stats:
15.5 Gallon Boston Beer Co. Converted Keg
Sight Glass
Thermometer
Ball Valve w/ hose barb
Curved Dip Tube
No lid or false bottom.

1) Where is the best place to sell this: ebay, craigslist, homebrewtalk, etc?
2) I don't want to underestimate shipping and end up overspending on shipping and making almost no money. What is the best way to estimate shipping costs without knowing where it is going?
3) I don't expect to sell this for $275, I was thinking of maybe $200, is this a good starting point to price it?
4) Any other suggestions are welcome!

Boy, I don't know. Where did you get it? The reason I ask is that most of that stuff (the sight glass, diptube, keg, thermometer) doesn't cost much at all. Here on the forum, most of us are DIY types so I'd say you've got maybe $100, $125 worth of value there.

I paid $20 for my cut keg (from a fellow homebrewer, so it was a great deal, and a legal keg), about $25 or so for my ball valve parts, drilled the hole, added a diptube and got a sight glass from BobbyM ($25 or so).

If you were selling it to a total "can't cut a hole in a keg by myself" type person, maybe they'd be willing to pay more. But I can't think of any specific place.

Back