Keggle fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radecky

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a copper fitting instead of the stainless one?

I can see why the stainless was/is the gold standard but now being able to solder fittings to stainless why not?

B-

I used brass when I first made my setup. Works fine but does corrode a bit. Going to be going all stainless soon, but going to cost about 8 bones to do it. I say if you can afford it, go stainless.
Tom

Last night I was thinking about it and I had some 3/4" copper fittings laying around and that got me started thinking. I was thinking that I could pull a threaded copper fitting through the wall of the keg with the threaded end on the inside of the keg for a dip tube that can be removed for whatever reason, then sweat a brass ball valve and a 45° on the outside.

The whole thing would be 3/4" !

Tom, how long till you noticed the corrosion?

Like this?
copperbulkhead.jpg

By the way, I have a couple of these copper bulkhead/diptubes I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested.

I like that idea Bobby, your makeing me rethink what I want to do.

I was thinking the reverse the solder side of the fitting would get soldered to the keg and the valve would get soldered to that. The dip tube would be on the threaded side in case I wanted to take it out.

Back