Kegging with no refrigeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amity

Reaction score
Does anyone else keg without a keezer or kegerator? I've done it for nearly two years now. I don't have space for a dedicated fridge or freezer for my beer, so I just carbonate at basement temperature (68F or so) and enjoy the beer as-is. Eventually my basement tenant will leave and I'll have a fridge (and space) to keep my brews cold. They are a little less carbonated than ideal, but absolutely drinkable!!

Until then, is there anyone else in my situation?

I don't keep my kegged beer warm but I don't see anything wrong with it either. If it tastes good to you then go for it!

Some beers are designed to be served at room temperature anyways. Some English / German beers, for example.

Cheers.

I do the same thing... my basement stays around 63, I like the beer around this temp. Lots of flavor!

No fridge or basement or A/C. Sucks brewing in the summer. Winter is great but I have to keep my house at 65 for the beers sake. Have to wear a beanie to bed to stay warm.

Latest posts

Back