Kegging system with no spare fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waskelton4

Reaction score
So....

I'd really like to start kegging but don't have an extra fridge nor do I have the space for an extra fridge.

Does anyone out there keg with no fridge?

Feel free to respond with something like..

"Dude.. If you don't have a fridge how in the world will you keep your kegs cool??"

Just trying to save a buck here.

ws

I bought a kegging system last fall for a party I was co-hosting and planned to buy a fridge later. For the party I stored the keg in the fridge (wife was mad). In the winter I stored my kegs in the garage (worked well enough). Since about February I haven't kegged anything because I never got around to buying a fridge.

Unless you've got some way to chill the keg it's pretty useless on a day to day basis IMO. If you want to save a $ keep bottling and save on the kegging system. I'm buying a fridge as soon as I find one I like.

Keep checking your local classifieds. Ive seen many older full size fridges going for 50-75 bucks.

I have a 4-keg system, but I have many more kegs that I just use party taps on. I keep them in a cool part of the house and hit them with CO2 as needed. Since they aren't chilled, the life of the ale is reduced, but I can live with that.

waskelton4 said:
"Dude.. If you don't have a fridge how in the world will you keep your kegs cool??"

I couldn't have said it better myself............

Chimone said:
Keep checking your local classifieds. Ive seen many older full size fridges going for 50-75 bucks.

Also you could post an ad in the "want to buy" section.
Be sure to check the "to give away" section too- and also ask around. Nothing beats a freebie.

I got my first keg at Christmas. I brewed a batch and filled it, and kept in a cool spot (50 degrees) till it was gone. Once I used a 5 gal. bucket with an ice bath to cool it.

I'm now building a 4 tap kegerator to solve this minor problem :ban:

Latest posts

Back