Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreyBo

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Is it permissible to place your CO2 tank in the refrigerator with your keg of yummy goodness, or do I have to go ahead and drill the hole? Just getting everything and plan together to move to kegs. Thanks for the advice

Mine is in the fridge too. I'm actually thinking of drilling the hole and pulling it out to make room for another corny.

Nothing wrong with doing that if it fits. Just make sure you re-adjust the pressure after everything cools down. Personally, I keep a big 20 lb tank next to the fridge with the requisite hole and bulkhead fitting in place. That's just a matter of preference, though.

Mine was in the kegger, but I moved it out because it sat in the back & I had to pull three of the four kegs out to exchange it. Works fine either way. The only difference is the pressure regulator can be temperature sensitive & you'll have to make 3-4 adjustments initially.

Thanks guys. That was my thought as well. Just wanted to confirm. I'll be back for more help later, to be sure.

I've done it both ways. My old kgerator, now dead, was a chest freezer and the tank went right in with the brew. My new one is kinda small for that so the tank sit in the cabinet next to the kegerator. No biggie either way.

I have a 5lb cylinder in a 7CF. chest freezer with 6 cornys. The 5lb cylinder lasts about 4 months. Not to bad since Co2 is so cheap.:)

Just be sure to secure your Co2 cylinder so the valve is protected. Inside or out of the kegerator wont matter you just dont want to make a missle out if it by snapping the valve off.

Yuri_Rage said:
Nothing wrong with doing that if it fits. Just make sure you re-adjust the pressure after everything cools down. Personally, I keep a big 20 lb tank next to the fridge with the requisite hole and bulkhead fitting in place. That's just a matter of preference, though.

What kind of bulkhead fitting works best for this?? I am getting ready to do this.

I simply used some PVC tubing that fit like a glove over my gas line. Drilled the hole to fit the PVC and caulked the sleeve and gas line in place. I put a quick connect fitting outside so I could easily disconnect my CO2 tank. (part # 5923K42 and correspondmale part from McMasterCarr)

Back