kegging question pleaze help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddyBrews

Reaction score
Sorry to be a super noob but how long after kegging til my beer is ready to drink. and whats the best way to carbonate any videos yal know of?? thanks

I'm pretty new to kegging but I have found about a week at 10-12 psi get it carbed but still a little green

My system is balanced so that I essentially set the pressure to what is appropriate to properly carb the beer and just leave it that way even when I serve. But I can typically have carbonated beer in about 5 days. If I use the quick method (i.e., 30 PSI for about 2 minutes while I shake/roll the keg), it's sometimes ready in a few days. But it's never perfectly carbonated until about a week.

I always force carb a bit and can drink the next day. I get the beer cold, pressurize to 30 psi, and then shake it down to 25 psi 4 or 5 times. I force on the lighter side and then have the brew get up to ideal levels over a couple days, the minor force just gives it a good jump start. this is just for carbonating though, usually at least a few weeks after brewing so taste is usually at a consistent level.

I always force carb a bit and can drink the next day. I get the beer cold, pressurize to 30 psi, and then shake it down to 25 psi 4 or 5 times. I force on the lighter side and then have the brew get up to ideal levels over a couple days, the minor force just gives it a good jump start. this is just for carbonating though, usually at least a few weeks after brewing so taste is usually at a consistent level.

Hey thnks alot man still trying to figure all this out. Hows the dumb blonde? Thats one i gotta try!

Latest posts

Back