kegging problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapurgoa

Reaction score
hi all i am new to keg and kegging i am facing problem after i have forced carbonated my keg and kept for 3 day i finish of the whole gas cylinder of 2 kg is that normal or am i losing gas but i have checked for all possible leaks.

AK

What PSI did you have the CO2 set to?

Was it a full tank?

My guess is you had a leak somewhere, whether it be at the tank or at the keg. My 5lb tank lasts me about 5 kegs, with burst carbonating them at 40 psi for a day.

my 20lb tank lasts me a year or about 70 kegs...i get leaks once in a while, i started keeping my tank on a dial bath scale, keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't drop suddenly from a leak, so i can catch it soon...Did you hit your keg with a burst to seal the lid good? i know i have one keg that takes that...

I just did my first keg this week too, its probably a small leak.

I checked everything before hooking to the keg and I saw no leaks. Then when I attached it to the keg, I ran some soapy water on the joints and I did have a small leak in the tube connection which I had to re-tighten.

I would do the soapy water thing and see if it bubbles anywhere then re-tighten. Also what @bracconiere said about the lid burst. Cheers!

My first couple of co2 containers’ worth emptied within a week. When I went to get it refilled, the guy gave me another flat o-ring that goes between the tank and the regulator connector.

Also when I bought my kegs (torpedoes) MoreBeer recommended leaving the keg lid unlatched and letting the co2 seal it before latching it.

After both of those recommendations I’ve only lost pressure when I’ve done something wrong like not tightly connecting my tap or whatever.

another friend of mine is vasaline, or keg lube, your choice. keep the gaskets lubed...

hmm, looking back over that it could be taken wrong....lol, but the thought stands

Last edited:
Back