Kegging noob

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirBoyzT

Reaction score
So I have acquired a keezer with two tap lines in it. From reviews online it's pretty much self explanatory about siphoning into kegs and then placing them in the chest freezer and turning on the co2.

My question is if my keezer is full and I have a brew do I just keep it in the brewing bucket until I'm ready to keg or should I have another chest freezer that I can force co2 in and keep it cold until I'm ready to transfer to the keezer. Also if that's the way to do it, do I disconnect it from that CO2 bottle and hook it to the keezer one (will this affect the brew). I plan on getting another chest freezer so I can make lagers and such anyways.

Appreciate the help!

You can just let the beer sit in the primary until you have room in your keezer. But, it sounds like you want to get another chest freezer anyway. If you do, you can certainly move the beer from one keezer to the other. The only issue may have is stirring up some sediment when you move it. The sediment will clear quickly though.

Thanks, so no issue with carbonating it with a separate co2 bottle and then when ready hooking it up to the kegerator co2?

If you have extra kegs, you can transfer the beer from your fermenter to the keg and let it condition at room temperature until you have room in your kegerator. In addition, you can naturally carbonate by adding priming sugar to your keg when you tranfer the beer from the fermenter and letting it sit in the keg at room temperature for a couple of weeks.

Back