Kegging My 1st Brew, Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgo737

Reaction score
So I brewed a DIPA 2 weeks ago and it has already been dry hopped for a week now. I would like to keg it tonight. However, it is still very yeasty. So can I just keg it, carb it, let it sit for a week and then dump the first few pints leaving me clear beer after that?

Thanks.

It is still yeasty after dry hopping? I assume you racked into a secondary. I am not sure about what you ask (never kegged before) but heard that cold crashing then kegging will get rid of most of the yeast. Not sure where you live, but it is cold here, so it may just require moving the fermenter outside for a bit. :)

I did not rack into a secondary. I know everyone says you should when you are dry hopping but I have never detected any difference with I dry hop in primary or secondary... So for this batch I fermented for a week and then dry hopped for a week. Still yeasty right now, 2 weeks later.

Yes, you can keg, carb and crash cool in the kegerator, and then the first pint can just be tossed or poured into the garden as a sacrifice to Dionysis.

Back