Kegging Homebrew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewzofo1

Reaction score
We will be getting ready to either bottle or keg our brew. I would rather keg. It will be our first time kegging. I finished up with the full size refrigerator to kegerator conversion over the weekend. Have a two tap system for now. 1st tap is GFWCIPA. The second I'm hoping to tap with our hop monster dipa that should be finishing its 2nd stage fermentation. Question. . . .
The kegerator is at my place and the fermenting carboy is at my brother in laws about 30 minutes away. I am planning on force carbonating. From what I have read and seen on youtube it looks doable. After force carbonation I need to transport it back to my place (30 minutes away). Is this going to be a problem? It will be moving and splashing around while I'm driving. I will have a 20oz Co2 tank with regulator with me. Do I need to attach this to the corny keg when I'm driving home? Or is there another way rather than force carbonate?
Thank you.

If u hit the keg with some co2 before transfer it will be fine to drive 30 mins away. I've had 2 kegs force carbed and drive 5 hours and when I got there I iced the kegs hooked up the co2 and drank from them an hour later just fine. Chopps

Considering that after I keg a beer I hook it up to CO2, sit it on my lap, and shake for 10-15 minutes, I'd say a car ride won't hurt your beer at all. :D

Back