Kegging Help Please. Low co2, Bad Regulator, IDK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowsdower44

Reaction score
I am new to kegging. I have a 5lb co2 tank with a single gauge regulator for my 5 gal corny keg.

I kegged my first beer with little to no problems and finished it. I put in my next batch into my keg, hooked up the co2, and set it to 12 PSI so it will carb in two weeks. I did a soapy water test to check for leaks and there were none. Two weeks later, I try my beer and it carbed right where I wanted it. I kept my co2 at 12 PSI. I try my beer off and on over the course of a week with no problems.

After the week, I grab my tap but nothing was coming out. I checked the pressure and it was at 0. Thinking I'm out of co2, I closed my valves and took off my regulator in order to take my tank for a refill. Just for kicks, I opened the valve to my co2 and gas was coming out.

I hooked everything back up but my regulator, no matter how much I adjusted it, was still showing 0 PSI.

Any ideas on what the source of my problem is?

Make sure you open the main tank valve all the way. Always turn it stop to stop for on and off. That's how its designed to work. It will leak out otherwise.

I had a problem with the shut off valves on my regulator out to the tank and n my distribution block. The little stamped sheet metal handle in the valves are garbage. If there is pressure against them from a hose t whatever, they'll leak.

Back