kegging co2 equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotusworker

Reaction score
I am getting into kegging and collecting all my equipment. Trying to look for deals. Would this tank be a good deal? I am not sure if it is filled, but the price seems right. What should I look for on this tank? I am guessing they are all pretty standard and you hook up the regulator and boom. Can I use an aluminum tank in a keezer? I have no idea about the dimensions of my keezer that I will build, but I will add a collar.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/4312405026.html

thanks in advance

That's a decent price, but a few things to consider:
Is the tank "in date", as in , is it due an inspection and hydro test?
Unless you know a place that will fill "your tank", you will probably be doing a "swap out" for a filled tank, and your nice aluminum tank will be gone.

Not sure on the intervals for tank inspection, and yes you can use it in your keezer, (re: no rust!)

50 bucks for a 20# tank is an excellent price. All compressed cylinders have to be hydrostatic tested every 5 years. IF you don't care about keeping the same tank you can swap it out for another one. I just did this at airgas for $28.00 and it was way out of date but they didn't care. If you want to just have that one refilled, you will need to find somewhere that will test it once it expires.

That's a decent price, but a few things to consider:
Is the tank "in date", as in , is it due an inspection and hydro test?
Unless you know a place that will fill "your tank", you will probably be doing a "swap out" for a filled tank, and your nice aluminum tank will be gone.

Not sure on the intervals for tank inspection, and yes you can use it in your keezer, (re: no rust!)

it is sold already..thanks for the advice

If you find another one like this again, and it needs a hydro test, use that to your advantage in negotiating a better price. Many times people are not aware of the 5 year re-certification required.

Latest posts

Back