Kegging Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarsNBars8

Reaction score
I batched my first cider about a week ago (the same night that I started a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat clone).

The thing fizzed like mad for about four days - then stopped! I know I've gotta let it sit for a while, but eventually I'm going to want to keg it and but it in the back yard BBQ island as my 2nd beverage on draft.

Do I keg cider the same way I do my home brew beer? Can I force carbonate the cider? How soon can I keg it, does it have to sit, how do I clarify it...

Anyone with experience in this, feel free to jump in and give an opinion.
Thanks!

Let it sit for a long long time. It will clear on its own. I'm doing a cider right now, when I racked to secondary, I decided it was way to dry for my taste. So my thought it before I keg, I will stabilize it, then back sweeten with spiced cider. (Clove, cinnamon, allspice)

I believe you keg as normal and yes you can force carb.

Thanks for the two-cents... I appreciate it.
My first thought was - batch a cider and an ale. By the time the ale is has been through the process, kegged, and finished... the cider might be ready to go into the keg. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Enjoy!

I've got a cider on tap right now that I started last year....probably in October or so...IDK

I just treated it like the blonde I have on tap....30psi for about 2-3 days then 12psi to serve. I actually just pulled a pint before I opened this thread :drunk:

Latest posts

Back