Kegging beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About as hard as it is to siphon your beer fron one bucket to another...

it usually takes atleast a week (using the set and forget method). but it's usually perfect at about 2 weeks

It's 10 times easier than bottling.

You can drink it within the hour if you want to get a real workout shaking the keg, then loose a lot of beer to faom.

You can drink it in 2 days if you set your regulator at about 30 PSI for 24 hours, then remove gas, and bleed off excess, before reconnecting at serving pressure.

You can drink it in about 7 days (what many of of us do) by simply applying gas at serving pressure and letting sit in kegerator for a week. This allows extra time for conditioning, settling of solids, and lets you keep your other beer on tap if you don't have a dual regulator.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I bought my first corny keg and made my first all grain beer. I just wanted to do it all right the first time. Thanks again for the help.

It's 10 times easier than bottling.

You can drink it in 2 days if you set your regulator at about 30 PSI for 24 hours, then remove gas, and bleed off excess, before reconnecting at serving pressure.

Exactly the method I just did with two new kegs of homebrew....48 hours later I am sipping on some new homebrew. Still a bit "green" but will only improve with time....if the beer lasts! :rockin:

Is priming sugars needed at all when keging?

Only if you want to naturally carbonate the beer. If yes, then you would use priming sugar. Carbonating with priming sugar takes approx. 2+ weeks to reach good carbonation level.

You don't need priming sugar if you're going to force carbonate the beer with C02.

Back