keggermeister km2800ss not cold enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay1199

Reaction score
I bought this new about a year ago. I never felt that it was getting cold enough but never really looked into it. Now that I am homebrewing I have been trying to make sure all my equipment is working. It is reading close to 50 degrees on the thermometer I put in the unit. Does anyone know how I can try to fix this?

This unit has a compressor, which means it runs on freon. You need someone to charge the unit with more freon.

Find an HVAC or refridgerator repair guy on craigslist, and they should charge you about $40 plus the cost of the freon to charge it for you.

I guess you got it used? You should also have them check for freon leaks. The original freon in the unit or a full recharge should last a good three+ years, assuming no leaks.

No I got it new. It never has really seemed cold enough. But now it seems to be getting worse.

If it runs all the time and doesn't get cold it's probably your freon level. If it stops running because the thermostat told the compressor it's reached the set point it's probably a bad tstat.

If its a bad tstat looking the A419 controller or build your own eBay aquarium controller.

Ok I have a temp controller I use for a fermentation heat plate I'll try it on the kegerator. It dosent run all the time but the metal plate in the back of the unit does have frost on it is that an issue at all?

Back