Kegger foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello brewers, i think i made a bad mistake, i have one of those fridges that have the freezer on the bottom and fridge on top. I am having foaming issues and i think the root of the issue is the tap is right in the middle of the keg. it is normal beer line, 10 feet between 5-10psi. 38 f
IMG_6573.jpg
IMG_6574.jpg
IMG_6575.jpg
Any idea what i can do to fix this?

To me it seems like you're running a very big ID on the hoses for what I assume is about 2.5m of hose?

And to be honest I'd use some HDPE or such lines for the beer. Those hoses are for gas and are not for food.

And my tip #2. That tape will fall off, or is it velcro? I used pop rivets and a band to nail down my lines.

What is the inside diameter of that beer line?
Elevation is a second-order issue vs line ID and length, equivalent to perhaps a foot of tubing in this case.
If you're running ten foot lengths of 3/16" ID tubing your system should be in the ball park.

Not seeing anything to keep the cabinet volume stirred up, while the lines largely run along the top.
Perhaps temperature stratification is an issue; you might consider sticking a small fan inside.
It doesn't take much - I run a 120mm 12v fan at half speed in my keezer and there's no differential from bottom to top.

If the pour quality improves with a second pour immediately after the first, line temperature would be the most likely cause...

Cheers!

Start with 3/16” at about 15’ serve at 10-12 psi around 40* F, i fill a pint in about 10 seconds, you can always shorten to your liking

To me it seems like you're running a very big ID on the hoses for what I assume is about 2.5m of hose?

And to be honest I'd use some HDPE or such lines for the beer. Those hoses are for gas and are not for food.

And my tip #2. That tape will fall off, or is it velcro? I used pop rivets and a band to nail down my lines.

Yup it is double sided Velcro, I need to find out the diameter.

Back