Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamming

Reaction score
Well I couldn't resist the deals on line and broke down and bought a new beverage air so now I have a danby for sale. I bought used and replaced all the electronics except thermocoupler and it froze a good bit of beer so I broke down and bought what I have been told is the best ! Can't wait to get it next week. :ban: I have heard the commercial quality units are a little noisy but I don't care it will be in my cave. :D

The Bev Air is nice, you won't be disappointed. It will hold 4 cornies plus a 5lb CO2 inside. They're noisy because of the internal fan running all the time. I use one as a fermenter and on occasion I load up some extra cornies for conditioning if I'm not fermenting.

I have a 20 lb co2 do you know if it will fit, might have to drill out a hole or does it have a way to setup external co2.

If you only put 3 cornies inside, you might be able to get the 20# in there. Depends on how tall it is.

Honestly, if you have a 20# tank, I would pick up a 5# to use with the kegerator. A 5# is way cheaper to fill if you ever have a leak! I have a single 5# hooked up to 6 taps and it lasts me 6-9 months. I use my 20# one for force carbing beer or pushing beer or cleaners from keg to keg, etc.

I don't think there is a pre-drilled hole for a CO2 hose on the kegerator, but I could be wrong.

Yea thanks I did call beverage air and sure enough there is a plug for external co2 but I like your point about the leak. Will pickup a 5 lb er. Thanks !

Back