Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olund99

Reaction score
Hello

I am brand new to this site and was hoping I could get a few pointers for a wet bar I am building in my basement. I am planning on building it around 60 inches wide and 18 inches deep and Im really set on installing a draft tap.

My living room space is limited so I am hoping that one of these two options would work.

1. Put a full kegerator kit underneath the counter top. Obviously this seems like the easier way to do it but I am having a hard time finding one that is only 18 inches deep. If I do this I would like it to be flush with my cabinets. Does anyone know of any kegerators are that this skinny that would fit 1/4 to 1/2 barrel? I could probably put my cabinets out to 20 inches but that would be the max.

2. Place kegerator in my utility room and snake lines through the walls to a tap. Has anyone done this? I still have the framing open right now so it would be a good time to do this. I would actually think this would be cheaper because then i could just use a cheap fridge. What type of plumbing lines would I use? Could I just use a normal fridge and drill a hole in it for the beer line? What other equipment would I need?

I am brand new to this so any ideas are welcome. Also - Let me know if I am posting on the wrong site/forum.

Thanks!

I can't help you much on the sizes, but a suggestion on something you will want to look into if you go with option #2. If you are running a long beer line I know that you will need to calculate the resistance in the beer line to make sure you have enough pressure to get a good pour at the tap. Also, cooling will become an issue. With the long beer lines your beer will warm up by the time it reaches the tap and cause excess foaming. I suppose the extent of this would depend on how long you need to run the lines. Again, I have no experience running long lines, but you should look into this.

Hello- I know your orginally post is old but I am hoping to see what your final outcome was? We have a very similar setup-- we are trying to put taps in a wet bar in bonus room. Space is limited to 62" wide and 18" deep for cabinets...Id love to hear what you ended up doing!

Thanks-
Meghan

Hello

I am brand new to this site and was hoping I could get a few pointers for a wet bar I am building in my basement. I am planning on building it around 60 inches wide and 18 inches deep and Im really set on installing a draft tap.

My living room space is limited so I am hoping that one of these two options would work.

1. Put a full kegerator kit underneath the counter top. Obviously this seems like the easier way to do it but I am having a hard time finding one that is only 18 inches deep. If I do this I would like it to be flush with my cabinets. Does anyone know of any kegerators are that this skinny that would fit 1/4 to 1/2 barrel? I could probably put my cabinets out to 20 inches but that would be the max.

2. Place kegerator in my utility room and snake lines through the walls to a tap. Has anyone done this? I still have the framing open right now so it would be a good time to do this. I would actually think this would be cheaper because then i could just use a cheap fridge. What type of plumbing lines would I use? Could I just use a normal fridge and drill a hole in it for the beer line? What other equipment would I need?

I am brand new to this so any ideas are welcome. Also - Let me know if I am posting on the wrong site/forum.

Thanks!

Back