Kegerator - Frigidaire 4.4 - LFPH44M4LM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dahlberg123

Reaction score
I wanted to share my kegerator build info, hopefully it's helpful to someone else that's looking to do something similar.

My requirements were pretty simple, I wanted a fridge that would hold 2 - 5 gallon kegs, a 5# Co2 tank and the regulator without permanent medications to the fridge. After searching I found the Frigidaire 4.4 cu/ft (LFPH44M4LM) from Lowes which is also the same as the (BFPH44M4LM) which can be found at Best Buy.

The keg setup is the basic Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft system that can be found at Midwest Supplies.

This fridge will not hold 2 - 5 gallon pin lock kegs!!

If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them the best I can but I suspect that since I'm not the first person to use this fridge most information will be readily available elsewhere :)

keg_setup.png

Hi

Just in case others are wondering: It also will not hold 2 1/6 bbl commercial kegs set up the way you have it shown.

Bob

Wow, thanks for posting this. I really want to move to kegging in the next couple months, but have had trouble finding good info for a simple and small setup. I live in an apartment so the size limitations are important for me. I may just end up doing this exact set-up.

I know you said you didn't want any permanent modifications to the fridge, but do you think it would be possible to add a permanent tap to the top of this fridge? (with some drilling of course).

Wow, thanks for posting this. I really want to move to kegging in the next couple months, but have had trouble finding good info for a simple and small setup. I live in an apartment so the size limitations are important for me. I may just end up doing this exact set-up.

I know you said you didn't want any permanent modifications to the fridge, but do you think it would be possible to add a permanent tap to the top of this fridge? (with some drilling of course).

Yes, I do believe it would be possible. I know that others have done it and it requires patience and careful drilling so you don't drill through the coolant lines. It appears there would be enough internal clearance to route the lines and required connections assuming you can pry the top off and find a spot to drill.

Why will this refrig not take 2 x 5 gallon pin locks kegs? The kegs are the same size right? It is just the diff between a pin and ball lock.

Robert

Pin lock are coke , ball are Pepsi. Converting won't help. The actual dimensions of the kegs are different.

Does anyone know of a kegerator size frig that will hold two pin lock kegs that is under $250?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Robert

I have this exact mini-fridge and I hold 2 ball lock kegs and a co2 tank with a gas splitter inside with two shanks in the door. All you have to do is dremmel some of the plastic off of the inside of the door and get some refrigerator tape and cover the exposed insulation after you cut it. It doesn't look pretty on the inside of the keg door since you tape it up, but who looks on the inside of it anyway? But yea it will definitely hold two kegs and a co2 tank, but you just have to dremmel a little. I have extremely basic DIY skills and I was even able to do it so trust me you can to! I can even send you some pictures of the inside of my door if it helps! Good luck!

Edit: Sorry I didn't read the part about you not wanting to modify the fridge at all... disregard

What about 2 3 gallon Corny Kegs? Are they the same width as the 5 gallon kegs? I'm also not wanting to permanently modify it right away, in case it's a lemon. If it craps out in 3 days and I have the door chopped up, I suspect they wouldn't take it back.

Yes you can fit a dual reg in there you just have to angle the tank a slight amount on the hump of the fridge.

What about 2 3 gallon Corny Kegs? Are they the same width as the 5 gallon kegs? I'm also not wanting to permanently modify it right away, in case it's a lemon. If it craps out in 3 days and I have the door chopped up, I suspect they wouldn't take it back.

I do believe that 2 x 3 gallon ball lock kegs will fit as they have the same diameter as their larger brother.

The 5# Co2 tank and dual regulator fit on the hump flat, no tilting or awkwardness required :)

I mean I have this fridge and I have to slightly tilt it with a #5 co2 tank... It not like crazy tilt but just a little... My psi gauge is fixed strait up so I guess you wouldn't have to tilt the co2 tank if you angled the gauges

Does anyone who has this fridge get a lot of ice build up on the ceiling of the fridge? I don't know if it will cause any harm to my kegs or tank in the long run if it drips down on them, but I was just wondering if anyone has had this experience and what they have done.

Does anyone who has this fridge get a lot of ice build up on the ceiling of the fridge? I don't know if it will cause any harm to my kegs or tank in the long run if it drips down on them, but I was just wondering if anyone has had this experience and what they have done.

Yes I have this issue... It is really annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. I have had no issues though with the kegs or Co2 tank so I guess it is ok. I would be curious to see if there is something that can be done to fix it.

They must have altered the newer versions of this fridge. On the inside of the right wall there is a light and a setting adjustment for cooling. It sticks out just enough to make two ball lock kegs not fit.

EDIT: I unscrewed the thermostat and that allowed me to make the fit! I kind of duck taped up the wiring that was exposed and kept the thermostat from dangling. It isn't pretty, but the two kegs fit now.

They must have altered the newer versions of this fridge. On the inside of the right wall there is a light and a setting adjustment for cooling. It sticks out just enough to make two ball lock kegs not fit.

EDIT: I unscrewed the thermostat and that allowed me to make the fit! I kind of duck taped up the wiring that was exposed and kept the thermostat from dangling. It isn't pretty, but the two kegs fit now.

I'll have to try that. I've had this fridge for about a year and it's great for lagering my 3 gal batches but I've never been able to fit a full ball lock keg inside.

I am looking at a used BFPH44M4LM. I don't see the freezer in your pictures but everywhere I look shows a freezer. Did you modify anything? (if your still around! I revived this from 8 years ago.

Back