Kegerator Fridge Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieM

Reaction score
Went to my freezer last night and found ice cream melted. Opened fridge door and light is on but definitely not cooling. But few days ago I put two holes in left side for gas lines, moved bottles outside. Is there anything in the sides I could have damaged? Ideas? Thoughts? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416408305.337636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Went to my freezer last night and found ice cream melted. Opened fridge door and light is on but definitely not cooling. But few days ago I put two holes in left side for gas lines, moved bottles outside. Is there anything in the sides I could have damaged? Ideas? Thoughts?

Yeah. You very well may have coolant lines running through the sides, so you might have punctured one of them, or maybe just nicked it. If it's just a nick, you may be able to patch it with some JBWeld or something like that.
Edit:
Did you see any coolant coming out of the holes? (Guessing not otherwise you wouldn't be asking.) My *guess* is that you may have *nicked* a coolant line so that you had a slow leak. Maybe you can pick up a can of that automotive A/C coolant leak detector and put it in there.

BTW Newsman, good thought on the lines being nicked. But found Frigidaire info & all lines run in the back. On sides near the back are some wires. But I wax a good 3-4" from them. Thanks for the response though!!

Back