kegerator/faucet help please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nucmed24

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am SOOOOOOOO close to have this kegerator up and running. I have a beer ready to keg, but when I started cleaning parts I realized something was wrong.

I am having problems figuring out how to connect the beer line to the faucet without any leaks. A picture below shows what parts I have that came with the kegerator. I am assuming that I am missing an o-ring or something because it is a definite leaker when I was cleaning the keg with oxy-clean.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

001-2.jpg

002.jpg

Thank you scoutman! Of course I go to our trusty local Home Depot and tell them I need a compression ring for THIS and they hook me up. Now there are no leaks coming out the back side of the faucet and down the tower.

However.......

Now I discover that the faucet itself leaks. About a drip a minute comes out the faucet. I'm assuming that the ball that goes back and forth is leaking.... and I am planning on upgrading to a perlick faucet soon anyway so hopefully the leak will be gone with the new faucet. :drunk:

Dissasemble and clean up your existing faucet to stop that leak. If it has seen use previously, chances are it's full of crap anyway, and you don't want that to end up in your pint.

Back