Kegerator died!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoiseJim

Reaction score
So, not three months after I finished the kegerator build, the fridge died. The culprit is the compressor starter relay. The problem is I can't find the part.
The other problem is that hardly anyone has heard of the fridge. It's a Wizard Citation Town and Country. I've heard they were made by GE, but I am still not able to find the part.

Anyone have any sources to find really old parts like this?

Thanks,
Jim

So, not three months after I finished the kegerator build, the fridge died. The culprit is the compressor starter relay. The problem is I can't find the part.
The other problem is that hardly anyone has heard of the fridge. It's a Wizard Citation Town and Country. I've heard they were made by GE, but I am still not able to find the part.

Anyone have any sources to find really old parts like this?

Thanks,
Jim

Johnstone supply should have a functional replacement for that relay.

Hey grendle, I've heard some not-so-great things about those. Still unclear if they are safe to use.

See if you can find a amperage or horse power rating on the compressor. That is the safest way to go. Are you sure it is the relay and not the compressor? Is there a start capacitor in the circuit?

curious how you diagnosed the problem? sucks that your having a problem, but thank jah you're able to repair

Back