Kegerator Cost

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyg

Reaction score
After looking at the "Show Us your Kegerator" thread I know that you can throw as much money as you feel like at your kegging set up.

I am looking to get set up with a small-ish unit that can hold either two corny kegs & associated hardware or one 5 gallon carboy w/ lock and a corny keg or two.

I am looking at used Kegerators on CL in my area (Seattle) and I was wondering what someone might expect to pay for the setup I described above? Smallish USED surround with thermostat & two corny kegs, CO2 cannister, regulator & lines. What is a reasonable price for a functional (if not pristine) kit like this?

I have found on CL that people want way too much for actual kegerators, and I've even seen converted refrigerators (used) on Seattle CL that they were asking way too much for.

A decent two corny keg set-up with CO2 tank and all is going to run around $200. A refrigerator can be found on CL for Free-$50. And faucets, shanks etc... if they don't come with the kegerator kit might be another $80-100 depending on what you buy.

No need for a seperate temperature controller on a refrigerator unless you plan on using it for fermentation, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of having a kegerator as fermenting temps are warmer than beer serving temps.

All total maybe $300 bucks if you piece it together yourself, and if you get lucky and find the kegging system on CL you could save more.

I just did the Seattle CL search and I can tell you that some of those guys asking $200 for a fridge and a couple taps with no tanks/cornies are smoking crack.

Thanks for the reality check. I don't want to overpay for something that's used.

Back