Kegerator conversion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The kegging kit I just got comes with everything I need, except it came with picnic taps instead of faucets. I want to convert my fridge into a honest to God kegerator, so I just wanted to make sure of what else I need for that. From looking online and at some pics of other kegerators, it seems the only extra stuff I need is the faucet, a shank and a handle. If there is anything else I need, please let me know. Thanks.

-AJ

dustinp

Reaction score
OP
OP
nukebrewer

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. One other question I have is, not related to the conversion itself is, should I wait until the kegs are cooled down to fridge temp before putting the CO2 on or can I do it right away? Thanks.

-AJ

dustinp

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. One other question I have is, not related to the conversion itself is, should I wait until the kegs are cooled down to fridge temp before putting the CO2 on or can I do it right away? Thanks.

-AJ

Right away, just remember to purge the o2 out after you put co2 on it.

david_42

Reaction score
Also, I strongly recommend you start with 12' of 3/16ths beer line. Party tap lines are way too short.

CaliBrewin

Reaction score
i also should be getting in my keg kit w. picnic tap lines in any day now.

@david: what would be the problem with the party tap lines? does it cause the beer to foam up too much?