Kegerator Build Mini Problem.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyG

Reaction score
Hey all,

In the midst of my kegerator build and it seems I made a small problem. I took of the front door panel, to replace it with a flat sheet of plastic so that I can fit two kegs ...... My build and fridge is very similar to (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-kegerator-build-176635 --- Thanks Chris for the runthrought) but I have a problem.

Essentially, the door wont properly close. If i push it hard it will seel, but if i just slowly push it, the edge of the rubber seal catches the side of the door and bends , preventing it from properly closing.

I tried taking photos, but its the last second before it closes, so u cant see anything.

Anyone else experience issues closing the door when they took off front panel?

When I replaced the panel in my Sanyo, the door would not close properly because it was warped. This was caused by several holes that I drilled in the new panel did not completely line up to the door frame, so when I screwed the panel to the door, the screws in the misaligned holes caused the door to warp. I redrilled those holes and reinstalled the panel and then it closed fine.

Other than that, make sure the replacement panel is the same size as the old. Hopes this helps.

- Tom

I had a hard time getting the factory door to seal against my extended cold box in my under-bar kegerator. I ended up using two swing latches to keep it shut. It seals up very nicely against 1/4 garage door sealant/insulation. Its opened very rarely, so this works for me. Not ideal but it does work.

Back