keged too soon now what

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaff1101

Reaction score
OK I just got a new kegging system and was so excited I racked and force carbed way too early. Now I have green beer. Should I take it out of the refridgerator and let condition for a few weeks or leave in the refridgerator to condition?

its RUINED!

its really fine - if you really want to take it out and let it sit at room temp to age then wait a few days until the keg is properly carbed and do so. just keep the keg below the 65 degree mark and you will be fine.

depending on what kind of beer it is(IPA for example) younger = better hop aroma. Bigger beers should be aged longer.

worst case scenario(as long as it was done fermenting) - you wait a week to tap it and your first pour is full of sediment. after that you should be fine.

Could just be the C02. I would leave it in the fridge for a week and try it again. My beers always seem to mellow out and condition just fine in my kegorater at serving temps.

MM sorry for the late response. It has been a busy week with the holiday and all. Anyway the taste is sour definitely like green apple sour. I guess my biggest concern is that should I leave in the fridge or take it our to condition at room temp? What would be the best way of doing this. Thanks for your quick replies. I appreciate all of your responses and will try and reply a little faster next time. :) :eek:

Back