Kegco Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the Kegco mill different than the Keg King mill? Seem the same to me. Why then do homebrewers like their Kegco mill when I've had numerous frustrations with my Keg King?

See thread

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/keg-king-malt-muncher-3-frustrations.680921/
You might have a defective mill or you might not be doing something right. No way to know from here. Dland got a defective one with an out of round roller a few months ago that morebeer had to exchange. and about a year ago a few people got mills from monster that had dective knurling on the rollers... It happens.

You might have a defective mill or you might not be doing something right. No way to know from here. Dland got a defective one with an out of round roller a few months ago that morebeer had to exchange. and about a year ago a few people got mills from monster that had dective knurling on the rollers... It happens.

I've read every post from everywhere I found on the net about setting the mill. I've watched videos on setting the mill. My mill is correctly assembled and gapped.

Just got mine last week and the Blue coating does not seem to want to come off easy. Is there really any problem just leaving it on?
No its just a plastic protective coating... lot of people seem to leave it on judging by pics shared in the motorized mill threads.

I've read every post from everywhere I found on the net about setting the mill. I've watched videos on setting the mill. My mill is correctly assembled and gapped.
Sounds like you answered your own question and your mills defective then. Thats the only possible outcome if your correct in your assement of the mill being correctly assembled and gapped.
If the issue was the design of the mill everyone would be having the same complaint as you and their wouldn't be multiple manufacturers pumping out this same design for years. Im sure you have done a search and seen that there are multiple complaint threads of the same issue as you have with mills of this design, but those appeared to be assembly or rollers adjusted incorrectly in most cases and in a few others the mill was defective.

Sorry I know im coming across as being argumentative but its not my true intent... Its just You have started multiple threads about your issues with your mill and from what you have said you seem to believe the non geared design is the fault but you could very well just be making this assessment based on a defective mill and fighting a futile battle for months if thats the case.

Last edited:
Back