Keg posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frozennorth

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The out post is fairly easy... Just used a medium sized adjustable wrench at the very bottom of the post. I too got a few kegs for a song that have these posts... Not my favorite but they do the trick. The poppet inside is also different than what you're probably used to seeing.

I have no idea what to tell you about that other one- I'd be tempted to try a vice grip but I'm sure someone else will chime in with the "correct" solution

"non-standard by far"?
Sure look like typical posts from here...

Cheers!

Yeah, not sure why you say those are non-standard? They look like nearly all of my keg posts. 12 point for the gas in, and regular for the liquid out.

Best $5 I've spent in this hobby so far!

I got those posts. I have two wrenches to use on kegs. I'm thinking about cutting the opposite ends off and welding the two together so I only have 1 wrench for all my kegs.

Get a 12 point box wrench for the weird looking one.

Thank you all for responding. The two kegs I bought previously both have posts that are 11/16, I use the same deep socket for those. The 11/16 will not fit on these posts, hence the reason for the post. Although, they look to be from Canada, maybe that is the issue. Thanks again.

Thank you all for responding. The two kegs I bought previously both have posts that are 11/16, I use the same deep socket for those. The 11/16 will not fit on these posts, hence the reason for the post. Although, they look to be from Canada, maybe that is the issue. Thanks again.

There are two different sizes in posts. The funny looking one will work with a 12-point socket/wrench.

http://www.cornykeg.com/resources/corny-keg-tips/identify-keg/

The socket sizes are 7/8" and 11/16".

Also you can tell the gas post from the liquid post because the gas post has a groove cut into the post where the wrench flats are.

showthread.php

Last edited:
Back