Keg King Chubby hard to clean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer666

Reaction score
As the title states i cant seem to get rid of the krausen ring on my fermentor. Soaked in oxlyclean but i cant shift it. I own other pet fermentors which work with this method.

Any tips? I have shaken the crap out of it but you have to be careful as it can buckle easily required gas to get it back to shape.

I'm not familiar with the Chubby. I assume that cap comes off? If so, some good, old-fashioned elbow grease and a scrubber should do the trick. With plastic, you have to make sure to use a gentle scrubber, or you'll make scratches and nicks for bacteria to hide in. I use these on my Fermonsters.

Thanks Dawg. The problem is the cap is too small to get my hand in there. I need some sort of right angle device to scrub it which i dont have.

I made myself a washer with an old plastic paddle, some old socks and a bit of threaded pipe. Not the most elegant or sturdy tool but at least it's clean now. The pipe was to hold it still as the plastic bends too much.

Attachments

• 20220524_184008.jpg
    20220524_184008.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back