Keg help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkramer

Reaction score
I really enjoy Schwarzbier from Bayern Brewing in Missoula Montana. How can i get a keg all the way back to Georgia? The beer is for my own consumption. I would be willing to pay for someone's time, and expenses to make the round trip from Missoula to Ga. However, i do not want to do anything illegal, but i am willing to pay whatever it takes to enjoy this wonderful beer again.

try emailing them for a recipe

I had good luck with Kettle House helping me with a recipe for Olde Bong Water since we can't get KH in CA

They may also have a distributor closer to you than MO. Give the brewery a call or shoot them an email, and I bet they can help you with your question.

On the other hand, if you want to pay for my plane ticket to MO, 2-3 nights hotel, rental car, "entertainment" expenses (strip clubs, surf and turf dinners, krystal burger lunches), and keg expenses, I'll swing by and pick it up a few for you. Might end up being a $2,000 keg, though.

I really dont have a problem with a $1,000.00 keg or maybe even $1,500.00. I would like to arrange something three times a year

Oooooooooooo... I see. I can get some crack off a bum for a couple bucks and one postage stamp will have it on its way. You have to get your own pipe and scrub brush though

Well I started out by googling "beer forum" and this site was the first to pop up. So i thought this would be a good place to contact someone in the missoula area and that we could work out a deal to get a keg of Schwarzbier out toward Ga. The cocaine reference makes me laugh...i mean really...I was not aware that being a home brewer automatically makes you a cheap person. I am not interested in doing anything illegal, and i understand that you cannot legally ship beer via fed ex, ups etc...So i thought i would try to abide by the law even though it would be more costly, and have someone who is possibly making a drive in this direction to load me up a keg of Schwarz. This is one of the only beers that they do not bottle...only get it in a keg. Honestly, i was expecting to be accused of trying to get my hands on some of this beer so i could sell it in a bar, but never illegal drugs! What a ******

Back