Keg dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serious_lee

Reaction score
I wanted to ask advise about a new dip tube I haven't finalized. Check out what I have going here. It's a 1/2" MPT to 1/2" tube compression fitting and a 45 degree bend on a piece of 1/2 tube. I'm not sure what''s going on with these thumbnails, but you can click and hopefully get the right pic direction.

Any suggestions on which one looks the best? Also, do you think it would help to bevel this edge to match the keg bottom?

Looks nice! You prob could even lift it off the keg bottom a smidge more the placement is towards the side,so the trub should mostly fall into the bowl of the keggle,however some real hopped up beers(if you dont use bags) may have trub that far out.Nice Work!!

That looks really good. Can you tell me what parts you used and where you got them? I may try and duplicate your design.

I can tell you what I used but I got the parts from work, so they were, um... a lot cheaper than you could find them :) I believe the list price in the system was almost 20 bucks for the elbow.

http://swagelok.com/search/find_pro...2-8&item=2e0d1368-7191-426d-9436-f6b2d91c4071

The tube was pre-bent at 45 degrees and the adapter is just female pipe thread on one side and male pipe thread on the other. I may or may not use that depending on how much liquid is left after draining from further out on the perimeter. If anyone is interested I could probably get some short pieces of 1/2 stainless tube out of the scrap bin and bend them up.

Latest posts

Back