Keg dip tube ss mesh filter ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRems

Reaction score
I just got a few more cornies. When cleaning the old pepsi out of them I noticed one has a very fine SS mesh dip tube cover. It covers about half of the out tube. I have never seen this before. It was full of old pepsi so I don't know why it would have needed a filter. Anyone else seen this before? None of the other corny have them. Seems like it would work well to keep hops debris out of the poppet for an ipa. I don't have electricity now and can't post a pic. I'm using my phone now to make the thread. Not supposed to get power until Saturday! I was acually cleaning the keg to fill with water since I have no water. If anyone pms me I can text them a pic to post.

I've seen these for sale on some homebrew site or another. The idea was to let you dry hop in the keg and keep the hop debris out of the glass. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm with you, though, can't think of a single good reason they'd be using one for pepsi...

Priorities, using your battery power to post beer questions!

Maybe the keg was used for home brew and somehow got back into soda use. Either that or they were selling chunky pepsi.

No it was never used for homebrew. it was released directly from a pepsi distributor, in fact it was still full of pepsi. Maybe you are right it was for a test batch of the new chunky pepsi flavor

Well, Campbell's Soups have had amazing success with their chunky varieties.

Can't blame PepsiCo for giving the idea a test run....

:D

No it was never used for homebrew. it was released directly from a pepsi distributor, in fact it was still full of pepsi. Maybe you are right it was for a test batch of the new chunky pepsi flavor

Maybe lots of roaches at the Pepsi plant, getting into the kegs? Bugs in the glass makes a bad impression on the customers. (j/k) :D

Maybe lots of roaches at the Pepsi plant, getting into the kegs? Bugs in the glass makes a bad impression on the customers. (j/k) :D

Oh, take that smiley face off of there... As sad as it seems, I've worked in various areas of the food industry in my younger years, and I have a very strong fear that this is actually the best explanation.....

Back