Keg and Cooler conversion for first AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoAmI

Reaction score
I want to do my first AG batch this weekend. I bought a keg today from a scrapyard, and wish to turn it into a brew kettle. I am about to go cut the top off, and I know I need a valve on it, but I don't know exactly how to construct the valve for it, and also how to construct the valve for the cooler conversion. Could someone post a parts list for both or just general ideas of what I will need for both the cooler and keg? (and I am wanting to go weldless, and am planning on putting both together tomorrow, so a kit won't work). Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

WhoAmI

WhoAmI said:
I want to do my first AG batch this weekend. I bought a keg today from a scrapyard, and wish to turn it into a brew kettle. I am about to go cut the top off, and I know I need a valve on it, but I don't know exactly how to construct the valve for it, and also how to construct the valve for the cooler conversion. Could someone post a parts list for both or just general ideas of what I will need for both the cooler and keg? (and I am wanting to go weldless, and am planning on putting both together tomorrow, so a kit won't work). Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

WhoAmI

I assume you want to batch sparge. If so, this is how I do it: http://hbd.org/cascade/dennybrew/

I do not have any good links for you on the weldles fittings.

I am going to batch sparge the first time, but do want to be able to fly sparge as well. I actually have the manifold designed, it's the actual valves to both keg and cooler I'm not sure of. That page is very useful though, thanks!

Latest posts

Back