Keezer temperature question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthRiverS

Reaction score
Brewers,

I am thinking of buying a freezer versus a fridge to put kegs in. My question is: Do you need special equipment to keep the temperature at around 40-45 degrees in a freezer? Will the standard temp. regulator allow for these high of temperatures? All responses appreciated.

NRS

As delivered, I doubt there are any freezers that will maintain serving temperatures. You either have to expose the thermostat and tweak its calibration screw, or plug the freezer into an external controller...

Cheers!

On my setup i adjusted the thermostat was a simple thing to do. It stays about 35 its a little cooler than id like but i didnt have to purchase an external controller.

It's not hard nor expensive to set up an external controller for your keezer or your fermentation chamber.

An STC-1000 with the parts (outlet box, etc.) needed to set up a digital control box will run you around $30

Back