Keezer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verio

Reaction score
I figured this should probably be posted here instead of the DIY forum. I'm not sure all of the items I need for a proper kegging setup. I've never operated a Corny keg before.

Ok, so I have decided on everything I want to do, I just don't know exactly all the parts that I need to purchase.

I want three taps, which means I need three kegs. Does this setup work, for what I want? http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=503

Other than building the collar, and setting up my freezer, what other items do I need to dispense the beer?

Thanks

Yes that kit will hook up 3 corny kegs, all at the same pressure. It includes the gas lines, tap lines, faucets and shanks. The gas manifold has a check valve which is wise, and they throw in a faucet wrench.

That's all you need. I do suggest getting a long dip tube brush for cleaning, and depending on the condition of their used kegs you might need to replace the o-rings on the dip tubes, posts and lid.

Keg lube is also handy to have on hand.

Yes that kit will hook up 3 corny kegs, all at the same pressure. It includes the gas lines, tap lines, faucets and shanks. The gas manifold has a check valve which is wise, and they throw in a faucet wrench.

That's all you need. I do suggest getting a long dip tube brush for cleaning, and depending on the condition of their used kegs you might need to replace the o-rings on the dip tubes, posts and lid.

Keg lube is also handy to have on hand.

Is a 5# tank enough for 3 cornys? I've read that 5' tap lines aren't long enough, to reduce foaming, is that true?

Thanks for the reply though, this is good info!

He's right. Keg Lube is a savor long term. I second getting more O-rings. They're cheap but so important. The only other thing you might want to consider is a temperature controller. You don't need it to dispense but it will keep your freezer from freezing and at the right temp.

Is a 5# tank enough for 3 cornys? I've read that 5' tap lines aren't long enough, to reduce foaming, is that true?

Thanks for the reply though, this is good info!

5# is fine...you MIGHT fill it once a year or so, dependent upon how much beer you push. My two tap tower has 5 to 6 foot lines (3/16)...no issues.

Cheers.

i would buy 50' of line. use 10' lengths for your taps and adjust as necessary. use the remainder for keg to keg transfer jumpers, travel lines for parties, and spares.

while many say 5' is fine, that has not been my experience and it is better to have too much line and not need it than need it and not have enough.

5# tank is fine, but after you first run out and then are looking for someplace to fill it on a saturday afternoon because your whole setup is down for the weekend, then you.ll be looking for a second tank... IMHO a backup/swap tank is more important than a larger capacity single tank.

temp controller is a necessity for a keezer/freezer. johnson a19 or similar. simple, easy.

i would buy 50' of line. use 10' lengths for your taps and adjust as necessary. use the remainder for keg to keg transfer jumpers, travel lines for parties, and spares.

while many say 5' is fine, that has not been my experience and it is better to have too much line and not need it than need it and not have enough.

5# tank is fine, but after you first run out and then are looking for someplace to fill it on a saturday afternoon because your whole setup is down for the weekend, then you.ll be looking for a second tank... IMHO a backup/swap tank is more important than a larger capacity single tank.

temp controller is a necessity for a keezer/freezer. johnson a19 or similar. simple, easy.

Well, the hose length comes with the keg package from Keg Connection. I guess I could call them up and see if I can get 10' lines instead of the stock 5.

Back