Keezer Paint Recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolina_Matt

Reaction score
I bought an 8-tap Keezer on craigslist, and wanted to paint it Orange and Blue in a NY Mets-inspired theme. I did a lot of googling to see what type of paint to use, because appliance paint only comes in standard appliance colors (black/white/stainless). I wasn't really able to find good results about what worked.

I wound up trying out 'Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint', and I highly recommend it! I used 'Brilliant Blue' and 'Real Orange', and I had no problems having it adhere to the chest freezer. All I did was give it a quick scrub ahead of time - no sanding or anything. I do need to get a little touch-up paint because some of the orange went under the Frog Tape and into the blue, but aside from that it really pops in person.

I was able to do two coats, and used 2 cans of Blue and 1 can of Orange.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BWOS1M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_091932_01.jpg
    IMG_20180207_091932_01.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
looks great. Being a Mets fan myself, I aprove. BTW, I used the same paint for mine. It does seem to scratch easy with abuse. Now I use coasters, it helps. Enjoy.

Back