Keezer...now it's finished. What a great son!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnrider

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Following the lead of many others here I put together my keezer.

keezer20.jpg

However, my oldest son thought it needed something else so he found the finishing touch for the keezer in keeping with the skiing we do.

ski_keezer.jpg

This is a beer house but I love the sign. I'm a fortunate man...an amazing wife who indulges my pursuit of hobbies and two incredible sons...

Thanks. I had some rough cut red oak and milled it down. Red oak stain and a few coats of poly over the top. I thought I had a good idea of what i was getting into with home brewing and then I found this site... "dangerous" place.

You sir are indeed a lucky man. That is fantastic. I'm slightly jealous. Your keezer is exactly what I have been wanting to build. Strong work.

Cameron: Ferris, my father loves this car more than life itself.
Ferris: A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine automobile.
[Ferris caresses the car in admiration]
Cameron: No. No! Apparently, you don't understand!
Ferris: [ignoring Cameron] Wow.
Cameron: Ferris, he never drives it! He just rubs it with a diaper!

I'd rub that keezer with a diaper. Just sayin'. (and yes, I'm a little jealous... only because it's beautiful, and you are a lucky man). :D

Thanks. I had some rough cut red oak and milled it down. Red oak stain and a few coats of poly over the top. I thought I had a good idea of what i was getting into with home brewing and then I found this site... "dangerous" place.

Nice, I used poplar on mine.

IMG_2793_small_-_1.jpg

nice job! down scaling sq. foot and hope I can fit my danby in with out buying a new dining table!

Interesting how having kegged beer suddenly becomes a necessity of life.

Nice, I used poplar on mine.

Nice work...that looks great. I've used poplar on a couple project...it's under appreciated...

my kegs were all empty for a few weeks (except for the Oktoberfest that is lagering in my keezer) and I was sad.... this weekend I have beer in the kegs again and it is good.

Having beer in the kegs is definitely an important part of life.

Where there is beer there is hope.

How did you attach your drip tray? Still haven't put one on mine yet, and I don't want to drill through the skin..

Hi

If you use magnets on the drip tray, you can take it off and clean in in the sink. If you put it on with Gorilla Glue, it'll never come off (if the metal is clean), but you have to clean it in place.

Bob

Mtnridr, what do you have as a temp controller? It looks nice incorporated into the wood. How did you wire it? Can you post a few more pics of that? I just have a johnson controller that dangles off the back of my keezer.

kegtoe said:
Mtnridr, what do you have as a temp controller? It looks nice incorporated into the wood. How did you wire it? Can you post a few more pics of that? I just have a johnson controller that dangles off the back of my keezer.

Sorry it's taken a bit to reply...I used a Love TS-13010. I used a mortising bit on my drill press to create the opening but you could just use a drill and rasp. I ran 3 conductor wire down to the compressor. There are some diagrams around here but let me know if a pic would help and I'll take one.

On the drip tray I used scotch outdoor tape. I painted 3-4" angles and used tape on them and the edge of the tray. Hasn't budged.

Enjoy the fun..Jim

Following the lead of many others here I put together my keezer.

keezer20.jpg

However, my oldest son thought it needed something else so he found the finishing touch for the keezer in keeping with the skiing we do.

ski_keezer.jpg

This is a beer house but I love the sign. I'm a fortunate man...an amazing wife who indulges my pursuit of hobbies and two incredible sons...
What size is your keezer? Thanks

Back