Keezer/lagering freezer help! 4.9 cu ft upright

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba_drums

Reaction score
I bought a 4.9cu kenmore upright freezer for 10 bucks (nearly 300 new), from my employer with the intent of turning it into lagering rig. However upon looking at it the cooling coils double as the shelves! Is there a way I could bend the coils back to the wall or is that something I need to have a refrigeration place look at or am I SOL? If I can't do it I won't be mad, since the investment is less than a craft 6 pack, but I'd like to use it if possible.

Never mind, I have answered my own question looking at other threads. Looks like this one is going on CL for a trade to a fridge or small chest unit.

Since the freezer only cost you $10, I would take the risk and bend the coils back. I did the same thing with an upright freezer I got on craigslist. Just take your time and go slow. Make sure you don't kink any of the lines. Here is a pic of mine. You can see I bent one shelf down and two to the right.

freezer.jpg

Back