2021 Midea 7.0 Cu Ft chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Shermwormbrew

Reaction score
My Keezer took a dump so I was in the market for a new one recently. I came across the Midea 7.0 Cu Ft at Costco for $169.99 so I bought it. This freezer can fit my 4 5 gallon corney kegs. It can also fit a kegmenter with 1 maybe 2 kegs. Im making a 2x8 collar so I can put an additional keg on the internal compressor shelf. Not only can I finally fit my kegmenter in a chest freezer but this thing comes with a cooling option so It can self regulate to refrigeration temps. So no more secondary temp controller. I live in California and from what I understand this is a new model Costco is selling now. These freezers also have a great warranty. I will follow up here when I complete my simple collar build within the next few days.
0CC0A5B6-8A1E-4D83-9385-2FF8BDF37DD0.png

Attachments

Last edited:

apache_brew

Reaction score
That’s a great price. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for that model. It looks like it could only hold 3 1/6th bbl sanke kegs. What do you think? I’ve been looking for a layering container. The fridge temp feature sounds cool

OP
S

Shermwormbrew

Reaction score
@apache_brew
I’m not to sure about the 1/6th bbl sankeys. I bet if you put a 2x8 collar you can fit 4 but I’m not 100 percent sure.

snookluvr

Reaction score
Wow.....that's a great price. I'm in FL and the website says $259 delivered. I'm going to check the store soon to see if they have it. That cooling option looks great. The manual on the website shows a different dial. Looks like this model is more adjustable!

OP
S

Shermwormbrew

Reaction score
@apache_brew
I’ll check later today and get back to you.

@snookluvr
That’s the price online for me locally too but their website sucks. Just call in to your local Costco press like 1 for administrative and ask them. Just say you looking for a 7 cu ft chest freezer and they are really helpful looking it up and checking stock.

OP
S

Shermwormbrew

Reaction score
@apache_brew
The interior dimensions are 27.25”Wx16.5”D
I also measured how wide the compressor shelf was and it’s 7”
Here are some updated photos. I just need to finish gas and liquid lines.
I also just scored 2 like new kegs, one a 2.5 gallon and one a 5 gallon for $40 total!!! Super pumped about that.

Attachments

derekbozy

Reaction score
@apache_brew
The interior dimensions are 27.25”Wx16.5”D
I also measured how wide the compressor shelf was and it’s 7”
Here are some updated photos. I just need to finish gas and liquid lines.
I also just scored 2 like new kegs, one a 2.5 gallon and one a 5 gallon for $40 total!!! Super pumped about that.
Are you positive this is the model number of this freezer? When I checked the manual it says the dial does not have a cooling option. The max temperature is 0 degrees (a little cool for beer). You may have purchased the MRC07M6AWW model?

oldjetdriver

Reaction score
My Costco has a differeent model Midea 7 CF. I measured the interior and it will only hold 3 ball lock on the floor. MRC07M6AWW is the model number

odie

Reaction score
4 on the floor? Cool. rare to fine a 7cf class freezer that will hold 4 cornies on the floor.

Latest posts