Keezer / Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamies

Reaction score
Hi All,

Unfortunately my poor old kegorator died over the weekend. This left me with really warm beer being summer here in Australia.

Anyways with this misfortune I was able to look at rebuilding my kegerator how I want to and with this was able to pick up a 160L chest freezer. I am not particularily fussed with the collar because I currently have a 2 tap tower which I have mounted to the door.

Anyways I have my 3 kegs in their cooling away with the temperature controller from my brew fridge. The idea is to paint it my favourite team colour with their logo on the front of it. Has anyone ever painted anything like this and how do you go about preparing the freezer? What type of paint to use and how to apply it?

I have never done anything like this before but figured this could be a really cool little project.

Thanks in Advanced.

Mask off your layers with tons of tape and spray paint it? I dont think there is much prep required other than maybe wiping it down so that its clean.

Thanks guys.

I will have to organise myself and get a move on and do it. I will post some pics when I get around to do it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Home Brew mobile app

Hi all. I am up to the next step of my slow mooving keezer build.

I purchased a STC-1000 temperature controller (I purchased one for my ferment fridge which is perfect) but the wiring diagram is going to be differant.

I have attached a picture of what I have. I have also had a look through the forums but I can only find diagrams on my ferment controller.

Any help here would be appreciated. Hopefully I will have some more time to get some paint on. Atleast I have a little movement on it now.

1397205057463.jpg

Back