Keezer Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampdonkeybeer

Reaction score
I have converted a chest freezer. Three taps. Two soda kegs and one commercial on tap. Gas tank in the keezer. one regulator on the tank. a four way air split. Fourth air line is used as a spare/utility.

The problem i am having is that after several weeks of the gas being hooked up I will suddenly loose all the gas in my tank. I will check the regulator often over the first few days, even first couple weeks. Then one day I will be feeling like a homebrew and go to pour one only to find no pressure and no gas.

Ive checked for leaks. ive re-conditioned all my kegs. Im still loosing gas.

any suggestions before i start replacing eveything?

Why replace everything?! That sounds like a very expensive solution. I'd double an triple check for leaks.

Leaking keg is easy to find. Pressurize it, pull it off the gas. Let it sit for a while. Then purge it, if there's a leak, nothing will come out when you bleed it.

Take soapy water to every connection in the gas lines. Remember to test at your co2 canister, manifold and all hose connections.

I wouldn't replace parts until you thoroughly check and recheck everything you can think of.

Back