Keezer havoc!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 1 year old keezer (to me), i run with a simple stc 1000 temperature controller just konked out. The compressor would seem to run, but wouldnt go below 48 fahrenheit running constantly.

So i decide to pick up a new old freezer, and within one day, it has stopped working, clicks on then 3 secs later, clicks off. wont go below room temperature now!

Anyone have experience with stc 1000 ruining freezers, its set for compressor delay so it doesnt cycle toooo much.

This might be a dumb question but did you try running the freezer without the STC-1000? Just wondering if there's an issue with your temp controller and not the freezer.

This might be a dumb question but did you try running the freezer without the STC-1000? Just wondering if there's an issue with your temp controller and not the freezer.

Smart option. I noticed that my fermentation chest freezer activating but not cooling, and discovered that it was my temp controller (not an stc, it was a pos kegco one) so I think this is a good option.

If not, (and I'm not super familiar with stc1000's) can you set the short cycle delay? Cuz the freezer turning on and off in quick succession can kill the compressor

Yep, I manually plugged both into the wall outlet and same result...click hum click off. I took the compressor relay out and there seems to be continuity between all the prongs on compressor.

Sounds like either you are low on freon or the compressor is in a hard start, or locked up. I do residential/commercial HVAC. Haven't done a lot of refrigeration though it is close to the same concept. On regular house hold systems we put a hard start kit on compressors to give them a boost. I think they make them for 110 v. compressors. Try your local HVAC supply house.

So it was the relay, replaced with supco 3 in 1 and after some ohm testing...the common, run and start are not always the prongs on the diagram....presto...fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back