Keezer handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the problem with rear sealing faucets. They gum up when not used every day. I would look into forward sealing faucets like Perlick.

That's the problem with rear sealing faucets. They gum up when not used every day. I would look into forward sealing faucets like Perlick.

I definitely agree; especially if you love making thick heavy bodied deliciously sticky stouts. I stubbornly sheared one of my old faucets. After buying Perlick faucets I have been a happy camper.

Problem, meet solution!
b3d660c07ab8967fff033a13235cabe7_f2608.PNG

I had the same issue after building my keezer.

I keep a spray bottle of starsan by the keezer and spray a couple squirts up inside after use. My keezer is in the garage so I also have the tap brushes, I spray them and put them in the tap, not all the way or it doesn't dry inside, I pull them back out just a bit.

At some point I will change the taps out to Perlicks but this process is working for me right now so I'm not in a big hury.

Back