Keezer drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandyeggoxj

Reaction score
I've got a couple drip trays around. I use one of them with my jockey box. I figured I should put the other on on the keezer. I have a 2x8 collar with 4 630ss faucets. I want to go cheap on the drip tray!

I have some 2x4 laying around so I thought I would cut a couple triangles and attach them to the front and then sit the drip tray on them. How should I glue them to the front of the keezer? It is the stupid kind that dissipates heat through the front and sides, so it gets warm at times.

I've got a couple drip trays around. I use one of them with my jockey box. I figured I should put the other on on the keezer. I have a 2x8 collar with 4 630ss faucets. I want to go cheap on the drip tray!

I have some 2x4 laying around so I thought I would cut a couple triangles and attach them to the front and then sit the drip tray on them. How should I glue them to the front of the keezer? It is the stupid kind that dissipates heat through the front and sides, so it gets warm at times.

You could get some round magnets and a forstner bit slightly larger in diameter than the magnets. Drill some holes in the back of your triangles so the magnets fit in the holes but barley protrude from the surface of the wood. You'll need to play around to figure out how many magnets you'll need to hold it up but that should work for you.

Googling around and I found that harbor freight sells rare earth magnets. Awesome. There is a store 5 minutes from my house. For $3 I'll give it a shot. If they suck I'll buy them online.

I bought these from Amazon. Used some scrap 1x6 I had. Glued two pieces together in an "L" shape, counter sunk the magnets and put a drop of glue in each hole. The magnets are strong enough to hold a full pint glass.

DSCN0692.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back