Keezer Collar vs Faucet Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UglyDude

Loud Mic
Reaction score
Howdy,
I am just getting ready to setup my keezer. I like the ease of use with a collar, but my little 7 cubic foot freezer is only as tall as my junk. I am concerned that it will be uncomfortable to draw a nug and even worse for a pitcher at that height.

the tower has its own drawbacks obviously, such as cutting a hole in the freezer lid and opening and limiting my capacity to 2 kegs with a 10# CO2 bottle.

for you guys out there that have had keezers for awhile, how do you feel about your setups? would you have gone the other route if you could? are you comfy while pulling draughts?

what else have I forgotten to ask?

thanks in advance for your input!

My keezer is also a 7 cubic foot model. I have a 6 inch collar and built it on a wooden frame with casters so it can move. That gives it about an extra 3" height. I am 6'3" and have never had issues with being uncomfortable while pouring beer.

The frame with casters:
IMG_0282.jpg

The finished keezer:
b0OUgqreA7iRi9YiYErbgpxQ87bPO8J-00ER9km-SnA.jpg

I moved from through my collar to a tower mainly to avoid my cats knocking into the taps accidentally and putting 5 gallons on the floor and taking off my tap handles every time I left was getting annoying. I kind of like the look better too but it does require a lot more clearance or pulling it out a ways to open, so there's that to consider, plus the added cost of the tower itself - mine is done with ABS drain pipe and spray paint but was still about $60 IIRC not including the shanks, taps, and lines but I think that's mainly due to my choice of fittings

MarioTower.JPG

I needed a tower to keep the handles away from toddler hands. I discarded the lid entirely and build a collar to make the height equal counter tops and build two new lids. One for the tower over the compressed and co2 tank on the right that only lifts off for tank changes and a separate one on the left for keg access. The inside of the wood is covered in solid foam insulation and the collar and lids rest on foam rubber door seal. I like not having to bend over to pour a pint and the taps don't protrude into my dining room to get caught on pockets.

image-2676188484.jpg

You guys are amazing craftsmen! Thanks for all the responses.
I decided to go the "easy" route and put the tower on top.
It probably wasnt the best choice, but it only took about an hour to setup.

Latest posts

Back