Kane A Night To End All Dawns (ANTEAD) 2014 Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta echo the sentiment that this beer is much better than last year. Decided to crack the regular ANTEAD today and am blown away.

Kane should straight up just start a reserve society.
work-meetings.gif

Thanks Glenn. Corrected my original post. Have you guys thought about asking BA to make a new listing for 2014+ to differentiate the reviews and ratings from 2013, given the new recipe?

I think that'd be something we wouldn't mine seeing if 2013 had a really low rating or something (or if in fact we had used Belgian yeast!). But 2013 was/is a good beer and still very much in the same category, despite some of the obvious differences. I think people realize there are going to be year-to-year variations on a beer like this, whether it's recipe tweaks or just the variability of what's happening in the barrels, the origins of the barrels themselves, etc.

I'm sure most of you saw this, but for posterity here's their FB post from earlier today:
Kane Brewing said:
We wanted to sincerely thank everyone who came out this past weekend for the bottle release of “A Night To End All Dawns”. To say we were totally surprised by the amount of people who showed up throughout the day would be an understatement.

To put this into context, last year we released 50 cases (600 bottles) in our tasting room with no limits on bottles. It took six weekends to sell them all. So from our standpoint, we never dreamed that a year later we would sell out almost 275 cases (3,300) bottles in five hours.

We did our best to adjust on the fly. Once we saw the initial line we lowered the limits on the variants by half even before we opened the doors and then after the variants sold out we lowered the limits on the original to four so no one would walk away empty handed.

We learned a lot of great lessons and received some very constructive feedback that we will incorporate into next year’s release so we can continue to improve the event.

Most importantly we wanted to thank everyone for their continued support for the past two plus years. We really appreciate how we’ve been embraced by the craft beer drinking community of New Jersey.

Finally, in case anyone is still interested we did end the day with around two cases of bottles. They will be available Friday night at the brewery.

Back