K-Kontrol portable thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one with the remote probe looks like it might work. Doesn't really say how many amps it's rated for though.

CHI company sells them for a few $$$ more. Search the forum, I recall reading that they work well.

here is the info I found;
RATINGS: 16 full load amps @ 120 Volts AC.

30 deg. F to 110 Deg.F temp. range with + or - 2 Degrees accuracy.

3 degree differential.

I searched the formum but didn't find anything on my first pass. Since I just lost an ebay auction for a A419 i think I will try one of theses out.

I will post back and let you all know how it works. :mug:

They would work fine for a keezer or kegerator. For a fermentation cab I would want a little better temp control. 3* is a lot if working near the limits of the yeast for ester profile. That being said my first one had the same differential. When I got a digital I moved the old one to the keezer.

They would work fine for a keezer or kegerator. For a fermentation cab I would want a little better temp control. 3* is a lot if working near the limits of the yeast for ester profile. That being said my first one had the same differential. When I got a digital I moved the old one to the keezer.

Good point. In my case it is for a Keezer. I order one on tuesday and they called on wednesday to ask if i would like it wired for cooling. According to the site the k-kontrol comes with instructions on how to do this yourself, but it was some nice customer service that they offered. The lady i talked to even mentioned this forum and wanted to know if I planned to use it for brewing. :D

I got my K-Kontrol thermostat just a few days before thanksgiving. I was very excited as I had a keg I wanted to get into the Keezer for the holiday. I set it for 40 degrees and watched it over the next couple of days. Everything was running smoothly. I poured a few pints and decided I wanted just a bit colder so I set the thermostat for 35 degrees the night before the holiday. Long story short when my guests arrived on thursday and I went to pour them a glass my keezer was at -5 degrees. My therory is that the thermostat failed below its lowest setting of 30 degrees. once it got below that it kept the power on to cool it back into the range i had set. kinda like it thought it was above the target. I set it back to 40 degrees and everything is running fine.

Back