Just wondering if this is normal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortheshire

Reaction score
Hi guys I have been a lurker for awhile here. I have been thinking about trying to brew for about a year and finally took the plunge this year for my birthday.
I think everything went well other than a boil over >.< . I saw fermentation start happening within 24 hrs, there was much rejoicing.

n689844875_1403912_5454970.jpg

It stayed like that for another 24 hrs, then on the third day it looks like this

n689844875_1408252_1737781.jpg

n689844875_1408253_6691687.jpg

And there is no bubbles going on. Was this just a really fast ferment?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the noobness

It looks like it is slowing down, but not done. Let the beer stay in there for a while so the yeast can clean up after themselves. Yes that was a fast ferment, what was the fermentation temperature?

I would wait a week before checking the gravity. While it looks "done", it is just close to being done. If you want you can check it you can. Now is a good time to learn patience.;)

I will wait give the yeast some more time. Its my first batch so I'm watching it like a worried mother haha. Thanks for the help guys.

From looking at your first pic, it seems your fermenter is sitting in the sun. Are you normally keeping it covered? If not, throw a shirt over it or cover it with an empty cardboard box or something.

Thats inside my closet, the door is normally shut. Also I put the box the carboy came in over it.

Back