Just venting ... in a happy way ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northbank

Reaction score
.... my wife is so bored of hearing about beer that even if she was home, her eyes would glaze over if I talked about my beer. I just took my first gravity reading after after 10 days in the primary. I've tumbled from 1.061 to 1.010 giving me 6.69% ABV ... I'll check in a few days.

Good things ... it seems to be clearing a quite nicely. I'm quite happy with the color even though it wasn't that important to me its ok ... and then I tasted it ..... just what I wanted ... good flavors, no weird tastes, bitter but not too bitter, bitter but not fierce sharp bitter, good hoppy smells .... I'M SO ****ING HAPPY RIGHT NOW :fro: :ban: :rockin: :) :mug:

Dry hopping time. Bottling in a week. All assuming that gravity doesn't change in the next few days.

I think what I love right now is after one kit I made the jump into designing my own beer. I drank a bunch of IPAs, a made a bunch of notes, I looked at what hops were being used and I started playing in Beer Smith to get the balance I wanted ....... it's mine ... all mine...

Very nice and congrats on making a great beer.

You need a beer buddy to talk beer with. My wife had the glazed look shortly after I took up the hobby.

Going to meet a group of Home Brewers at a LHBS where they have monthly meetings ... I'm not sure if this will be camaraderie or counselling :D

Hello .. my name is James .... and I home brew ....

... hello James ....

Going to meet a group of Home Brewers at a LHBS where they have monthly meetings ... I'm not sure if this will be camaraderie or counselling :D

Hello .. my name is James .... and I home brew ....

... hello James ....

Not every spouse wants to join in the fun, but many will partake of the good outcomes and at least appreciate having a beer with the brewer. Cheers.

This happened to me in the beginning if she drinks wine go get a kit and make some. This helped ease my wife into it. Now even though she is not a beer drinker she samples my brews and tells me what she thinks.

My wife's eyes are glazed over before I even open my mouth these days. I think I burned the poor girl out long ago and she's but a shell of the woman she once was. Oh well, I take her quiet as silent admiration. :rockin:

Haha my GF says I'm over the top with my beer and brewing. It happens. It's unfortunate that I live in a small town that hasn't quite shaken the Anheuser Busch lifestyle and not quite made it to the craft beer scene.

Thank God for you all on here!

My wife doesn't drink, and on the super rare occasion that she has a beer, a Miller Lite is enough for her. So I don't mention much about brewing, besides letting her know when I will be doing it so she can go away. Also I get home first, so she never sees the UPS deliveries. ;)

Beer turned out awesome. Everybody seems to love it, its crystal clear, it has a good head, its tastes good, it smells good and it's already been suggested I get started on another 5 gallons. -20 bottles in one weekend. It is vanishing quickly.

I kinda hit one out of the park with my second beer and ..... good lord ..... THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.

Thanks all, lots of questions answered around here. Appreciate ya'll.

Latest posts

Back